Saturday 14 November 2020

London Tribunals - July 20

In July 2020 there were 78 Appeal decisions made of which 32, that is 41% (a bit below average) went the way of the motorist.

The following contained some item of interest:

Not a shared use drive at the dropped kerb - 2200152906


Broken down - 2200182893


The council witnessed the breakdown but still want a penalty? Robbery!

2 hours free parking - 2200161576


Although legally this is now the decision, I know it is wrong. The problem is that the main sign on bay 9154 does not tell you about the 2 hours free. The how to pay sign does tell you although I need to get a clearer photo.



I just tried the phone App and the cost came up as zero for 60 minutes. I don't think the sign says you have to register by phone for the 2 hours but I will have to double check to be certain and then I will update the blog. The 2 hours free should be mentioned on the white sign in any event.

Unloading shopping isn't unloading - 2200179560


I also think that this decision is wrong. 5 weeks of shopping would be bulky and heavy and that is exactly what the loading/unloading exemption is designed for.

Despite these two unusual and rare errors you still have more chance of winning at the tribunal than with the council, who have a vested interest in the outcome, whereas the tribunal don't.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment